The Jaffe Law Firm
Employment Lawyer
101 California Street
Suite 2710
San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone: 415-618-0100
Fax: 415-618-0080

Rated "Superb" by

View my Superlawyers profile

View my Linkedin profile Profile

San Francisco Employment Lawyer

Fighting for Your Workplace Rights

I am Stephen Jaffe. As an employment law attorney, I represent employees whose rights have been violated in the workplace.  I can help make a difference for you in the following areas of practice:

Wrongful Termination, Discrimination and Retaliation

If you have been wrongfully terminated you have been fired from your job for an illegal reason. Under state and federal law, it is illegal for an employer to fire an employee based on discriminatory views involving:

  • Religion
  • Age or race
  • National origin
  • Gender
  • Sexual orientation
  • Marital status
  • Disability or pregnancy

Retaliation means firing someone or withholding pay raises, promotions or other employment rewards, or changing their work conditions for taking some action the employer did not like, even though it was legal. Contact my office to discuss your case.

Sexual Harassment

Sexual harassment and the maintenance of a hostile work environment are against the law. If you are the victim of workplace sexual harassment or a hostile work environment, you may be entitled to money damages and other work-related remedies. That harassment may take the form of an overly sexualized atmosphere in the workplace or, more directly, as a request for sexual favors in exchange for a promotion, job preservation or some other work condition.

Employment Contracts and Separation Agreements

You may be outstanding in your field, but you may not know how to go about maximizing your remuneration, rights, entitlements and benefits in an employment agreement. Will you receive stock options? How may a restrictive covenant affect you if you leave the job? I draw upon my experience as an employment law attorney to help you answer these questions and reach an acceptable employment agreement.

When you leave your company, you may question whether or not you are entitled to a severance package, and if so, how do you make certain you receive the maximum benefit? I can assist you in negotiating a severance agreement that maintains your rights and best interests.

Whistleblower Retaliation

Individuals who expose the illegal practices of their employers may often receive positive media attention. But not all workers are rewarded for their honesty and integrity. Many employers take adverse actions against employees who expose company wrongdoing. 

The act of retaliating against an employee is illegal. If your employer fired you or took other actions against you after exposing its illegal or discriminatory acts, contact my law firm to learn about your legal options. Learn more about whistleblower retaliation.

Individuals who wish to report fraud against the government can do so through the qui tam/False Claims Act process. Pursuing a claim is a highly detailed process and the individual pursuing the claim must be represented by a lawyer. The whistleblower may be awarded monetary compensation.

Contact a Bay Area Wrongful Termination Attorney

Contact a San Francisco employment attorney today at 415-618-0100. I have over four decades of experience dealing with employee issues and offer a free initial consultation to talk about your concerns.

The Jaffe Law Firm
101 California Street
Suite 2710
San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone: 415-618-0100
Fax: 415-618-0080

JAFFE Stephen Martindale Logo
online at
Super Lawyers
The Jaffe Law Firm Employment Lawyer, represents wrongful termination and retaliation, unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment and employment contracts and separation agreements clients in Oakland, Palo Alto, Walnut Creek, San Jose, San Rafael, Martinez, Redwood City, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County and the Bay Area, California.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.